Motivation Monday: Get Outdoors Challenge
Each Monday, we're rolling out a new challenge to change the way you think, act, do, or feel. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to be motivated to try something different for a week. And if you love it, keep it going!
Not to go all Game of Thrones on you, but winter is indeed coming. That's why we've started to carry more cuddly sweaters and long-sleeved dresses that can be rocked for the next few seasons. But before we set in for a deep freeze, it's time to show some appreciation for the great outdoors before it gets too chilly out.
This week, we challenge you to spend an hour outdoors, each and every day. That may sound like a big time commitment, but think of all the different ways you can still enjoy Canada's beautiful outdoor environment. Try to switch things up every day and maybe plan a 'finale' event on Saturday or Sunday that really gives you a chance to breathe in some fresh air.
Need some ideas? Here are just a few ways you can get outside - and love it!
- Go for a walk around your neighbourhood
- Visit a park in your town that you've never been to before
- Play an outdoor sport you haven't tried in years, like badminton, soccer, or ultimate
- Volunteer to walk a friend, family member, or neighbour's dog
- Pop into local shops in your community instead of hitting the mall
- Conduct an outdoor photo shoot with your family or spouse
- Take care of fall landscaping and plan your garden for next spring
- Read a book on your porch or balcony
- Cook a meal on the grill
- Visit a zoo or other outdoor attraction
- Play paintball
- Go on a hike through a local nature path
- Make dinnertime more amazing by hosting a picnic in your backyard
- Create a nature-inspired scavenger hunt and walk till you've found everything on your list
- Walk to your favourite restaurant or store instead of driving
- Take an outdoor yoga class
Almost every activity you love doing indoors can be done outdoors. So don't delay - take advantage of the last few weeks of decent weather before winter comes blowing in. And in the meantime? Plan your fall and winter wardrobe by shopping Ever Rose!